Learn how to read the Quote panel and where your investments are trading at a glance. The Quote panel offers a snapshot of price and fundamental details about an instrument, as well as ESG-related information.
The Quote Panel enables you to quickly view a snapshot of price and fundamental information about an instrument throughout the day, as well as ESG-related information and Implied and Historical Volatilities. Plus, you can easily compare peers using ratios.
- Hover the cursor above any part of the quote panel to generate the pop-up display with descriptions for what is shown.
- Since the quote panel is color-coded, details about the quote will update to reflect the ticker symbol you most recently selected.
- You can easily see the default layout offers current and last traded prices with ESG and 52-week high and low values.
- A color-coded ESG ranking is also displayed in the center of the Quote panel.
- Hover the mouse above the ranking to display the component pieces for the overall score. Click the icon next to the ESG title to open the Thomson Reuters ESG Methodology brochure for additional information about how the rankings are created.
- Next you will see earnings and valuation data plus Option Open Interest, where applicable for a stock.
- Use the gear icon at the top of the Quote panel and choose Settings to refine the layout and performance display from the available choices to your satisfaction.
- Simply click the checkboxes to enable or disable, then click apply and ok.
- For additional information and to aid your research, locate and click on the blue ‘more details’ arrow.
- The Advanced Quote Details window pops up.
- Use the icon next to the X button to convert the pop-up to a permanent window if you wish.
- This advanced display offers more color on the stock’s details, shows daily and 52-week candlestick ranges, as well as a visual display of intraday volume.
You may configure the price graph by time-period and change between line, bar and candle. Click the arrow in the center to view by other valuation measures.
Below this section, you’ll see ESG scores which are color coded. You can hover over the bar to see more detail about the scores.
Next is market cap, shares outstanding, beta value and dividend values and link to a dividend schedule.
See fundamental valuations below this section. Hover over the Trend bars to see associated values for Revenue and Price ratios.
The options display shows Implied Volatility and Historical Volatility over time.
Next, the Peer Comparison section enables you to visually compare EPS and Price ratios for the company versus a defined selection of its peers. Use the Show Peers link for a pop-up display of comparable companies in the same sector.
For related Traders’ Academy courses, refer to the Fundamental Analysis.
Disclosure: Interactive Brokers
The analysis in this material is provided for information only and is not and should not be construed as an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any security. To the extent that this material discusses general market activity, industry or sector trends or other broad-based economic or political conditions, it should not be construed as research or investment advice. To the extent that it includes references to specific securities, commodities, currencies, or other instruments, those references do not constitute a recommendation by IBKR to buy, sell or hold such investments. This material does not and is not intended to take into account the particular financial conditions, investment objectives or requirements of individual customers. Before acting on this material, you should consider whether it is suitable for your particular circumstances and, as necessary, seek professional advice.
Supporting documentation for any claims and statistical information will be provided upon request.
Any stock, options or futures symbols displayed are for illustrative purposes only and are not intended to portray recommendations.