This lesson will walk-through the TWS Charts topics that will be covered in this course.
Welcome to our Traders’ Academy course on TWS Charts. Investors like to visualize the path of a stock’s performance and traders like to drill down into shorter or longer time frames to analyze price action and technical signs hoping to learn more about the health of an asset.
In this course you’ll learn:
- How to access and customize your TWS charts, so you can quickly visualize an event in real time;
- Create multiple charts with different time periods in one panel;
- Construct and save chart templates for future reuse;
- Choose from a huge selection of chart studies, such as momentum and view an array of averages and stochastic tools;
- Compare multiple stocks with different time periods or against an index to see relative performance;
- And for those of you who want to trade directly from a chart, we’ll show you TWS ChartTrader.
- And for Futures Traders, we’ll show you how to create a real-time and historical term structure of futures prices within a chart.
Importantly, this course has been constructed to enable your understanding of the configuration process and how to locate the most frequently used chart elements available across the platform.
- You will see the study note, quiz and additional information located below this video.
- Some of the features demonstrated in this series are only available with an “IBKR Pro” account.
- For information about IBKR Pro and IBKR Lite, view IBKR.com/plans
- We will be demonstrating with an IBKR Pro account
- We encourage you to take advantage of all of the course’s content, including the study notes and quizzes, to truly make the most of your learning.
Following completion of this course, you should have a solid understanding of how to customize Trader Workstation’s charts while using some of the popular studies to view relative performance.
Disclosure: Interactive Brokers
The analysis in this material is provided for information only and is not and should not be construed as an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any security. To the extent that this material discusses general market activity, industry or sector trends or other broad-based economic or political conditions, it should not be construed as research or investment advice. To the extent that it includes references to specific securities, commodities, currencies, or other instruments, those references do not constitute a recommendation by IBKR to buy, sell or hold such investments. This material does not and is not intended to take into account the particular financial conditions, investment objectives or requirements of individual customers. Before acting on this material, you should consider whether it is suitable for your particular circumstances and, as necessary, seek professional advice.
Supporting documentation for any claims and statistical information will be provided upon request.
Any stock, options or futures symbols displayed are for illustrative purposes only and are not intended to portray recommendations.