Users may add their external financial accounts into PortfolioAnalyst to get a holistic view of their financial net worth. This video explains how to link accounts to PortfolioAnalyst.
External accounts may be added to PortfolioAnalyst allowing users to include in their portfolio analysis brokerage accounts, bank and credit cards along with other assets and liabilities as well as real estate values. Once added, you can view starting and ending balances for each account and drill down to see positions and transactions.
- To get started click the External Accounts tab.
- As you add accounts held outside of Interactive Brokers, they will be listed on this page.
- To add an account, click the “+’ sign to the upper right of the page.
- Select one of the popular destinations displayed in the window or use the Search input field to find the account provider and click on the name of the desired institution.
Read and acknowledge the following notice about adding external accounts.
The next window prompts you to login to the third-party financial institution with the username and password. Enter your credentials and click the Continue button.
When successfully added, accounts are listed on the page.
Adding Historical Data
If you want to add historical datasets associated with an account, it can be done manually or by using a spreadsheet.
- To the right locate and click the icon to upload Historical Data.
- Select the method as either via CSV or Manually. Detailed instructions are available in the PortfolioAnalyst user guide.
- When you have added as many accounts as you wish, return to the PortfolioAnalyst home page.
- You can include or exclude accounts as usual by clicking a blue pill next to the word PortfolioAnalyst and checking off accounts accordingly.
Remember to carefully review the user guide at PortfolioAnalyst.com.
Disclosure: Interactive Brokers
The analysis in this material is provided for information only and is not and should not be construed as an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any security. To the extent that this material discusses general market activity, industry or sector trends or other broad-based economic or political conditions, it should not be construed as research or investment advice. To the extent that it includes references to specific securities, commodities, currencies, or other instruments, those references do not constitute a recommendation by IBKR to buy, sell or hold such investments. This material does not and is not intended to take into account the particular financial conditions, investment objectives or requirements of individual customers. Before acting on this material, you should consider whether it is suitable for your particular circumstances and, as necessary, seek professional advice.
Supporting documentation for any claims and statistical information will be provided upon request.
Any stock, options or futures symbols displayed are for illustrative purposes only and are not intended to portray recommendations.