This lesson shows you where to locate activity statements, flex queries, tax documents and other reports.
Click the Reports icon in Client Portal and select Statements. The Reports area offers you access to:
- Flex Queries for account activity,
- Tax documents and
- Additional reports.
To the right of the page, you can configure delivery of statements by email. Just click the Configuration gear. Beneath, you can select popular third-party downloads if necessary.
Default Statements – In the Default Statements area, click the help icon. This pop-up message tells to select delivery settings before you start. Below is a really helpful link to the Reporting Reference Guide for a deeper dive into what reports maybe configured.
You can see default statements listed within this section including activity, a marked-to-marked summary and a realized summary.
- For details on the default contents, just click the information icon to the left of each to open the pop-up description.
- Use the arrow icon to the far right of each to run any of the statements.
- Select one and drive the output by selecting from each output option.
- When finished, click the Reports “breadcrumb” at the top to return to the main page.
Custom Statements – in the area below you can easily build Custom Statements. Previously built statements that you have named are listed in alphabetical order. Use the Pencil and X icons to edit and delete respectively. Use the blue and white arrow to run a saved report.
To create a Custom Statement, click the ‘+’ icon. Name your report.
- Select from the multiple sections beneath what you wish to include in your report.
- Clicking on any section will change its color so that you can easily identify what’s been included. Click the ALL button to add every section.
- Next, configure the Sections starting with Profit and Loss. Click the drop-down menu and make a selection.
- Finally, configure the delivery settings, first choosing which format to create from HTML, PDF or CSV.
- Then select the desired period.
- Click Continue and on the following screen review your work before clicking the Create button to the bottom right of the page.
- You will see confirmation.
- Click OK and you will return to the Reports page where you will see your Custom report listed below.
Note that Flex queries can be configured on the next tab in much the same way. Name your reports and make the desired selections.
On the Other Reports tab, you can run Risk reports for Margin, Stress and Value at Risk. And you can run additional reports listed under the Supplemental area for Transaction Cost Analysis, Tax Lot periodicity and Account Confirmation Letters.
Tax Forms – The Tax tab offers easy access to related tax forms and information statements relating to your account.
You can locate and download various available tax forms for the past five years under the Tax report menu.
Select the desired report and required year and choose to download.
You will also see the Tax Optimizer window to the right of the page.
This allows you to select a day and launch the tool to help minimize tax obligations should you wish to close out specific positions that would create a tax event.
Click the Help icon to view step-by-step instructions and find a link to the Tax Optimizer Users’ Guide to learn in-depth details about the tool.
Disclosure: Interactive Brokers
The analysis in this material is provided for information only and is not and should not be construed as an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any security. To the extent that this material discusses general market activity, industry or sector trends or other broad-based economic or political conditions, it should not be construed as research or investment advice. To the extent that it includes references to specific securities, commodities, currencies, or other instruments, those references do not constitute a recommendation by IBKR to buy, sell or hold such investments. This material does not and is not intended to take into account the particular financial conditions, investment objectives or requirements of individual customers. Before acting on this material, you should consider whether it is suitable for your particular circumstances and, as necessary, seek professional advice.
Supporting documentation for any claims and statistical information will be provided upon request.
Any stock, options or futures symbols displayed are for illustrative purposes only and are not intended to portray recommendations.
Disclosure: Tax-Related Circular 230 Notice
The information in this presentation is provided for informational purposes only, and does not constitute tax advice and cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer to avoid penalties under any federal, state, local or other tax statutes or regulations, or to resolve any tax issue.