This course is designed to review IBKR’s turnkey Client Relationship Management (CRM) solution for Broker-Dealers and Introducing Brokers (IBs). This introductory lesson will review the basics of navigating the Broker Portal and future lessons will review the specific tools more in-depth.
Introducing Brokers can login to the Broker Portal from IBKR’s home page and clicking Log In in the upper right corner, then Portal Login from the drop-down menu. After entering their username, password and verifying with their Two-Factor Authentication device, the Broker will be redirected to the Home Dashboard of the Broker Portal.
The main menu tabs are located across the top of the page. When the tab is selected, a drop-down menu appears with more specific pages the broker can select from.
- The Home page provides access to manage client information and the onboarding process quickly and easily for new accounts. The Home page defaults to the Dashboard but there are several other menu tabs across the top for Contacts, Fee Administration, Tools, Groups, Transaction History, Calendar, and Email.
- The Trade menu in Broker Portal allows access for Brokers to trade any available products such as stocks, options, futures, crypto, and many more. Brokers can also view orders & trades, exercise options, convert currency, and close positions.
- The Research menu contains the ability to create watchlists, configure market scanners, access the Fundamentals Explorer, and other research and news tools.
- Transfer & Pay menu in Broker Portal provides resources to transfer funds, transfer positions, monitor transaction status and history, and more.
- Performance & Reports menu tab has access to IBKR’s robust reporting features including PortfolioAnalyst, standard Statements, Flex Queries, Tax Documents and more.
- Education menu has links to all the educational resources including short videos, Traders’ Insight, podcasts, webinars and the IBKR Forum. The IBKR Forum is designed to promote dialogue among IBKR clients where they can post observations, ideas, articles, and questions to which other clients can respond, resulting in a useful online exchange for the benefit of all.
In the upper right corner of the Broker Portal is the Head & Shoulders icon. From this icon, the Broker can:
- Access their Account & User Settings
- Change the language of Broker Portal
- Turn on or off accessibility features and the IBot
- Switch between Light and Dark mode
- Enable Wide Layout to maximize efficiency on larger screens and monitors
- And log out
Next to the Head & Shoulders icon is the Help menu with access to Frequently Asked Questions, the Support Center, and the opportunity to provide feedback on the portal functionality and features.
Additionally, throughout the Broker Portal, there are blue question mark icons that provide contextual help designed to give the broker quick answers while working in a particular section of the portal.
Now that we have reviewed the basics of navigating Broker Portal, the following lessons in this course will dive into the key functionality pertaining to onboarding clients, configuring automatic billing, generating reports, and setting up the master broker account.
Disclosure: Interactive Brokers
The analysis in this material is provided for information only and is not and should not be construed as an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any security. To the extent that this material discusses general market activity, industry or sector trends or other broad-based economic or political conditions, it should not be construed as research or investment advice. To the extent that it includes references to specific securities, commodities, currencies, or other instruments, those references do not constitute a recommendation by IBKR to buy, sell or hold such investments. This material does not and is not intended to take into account the particular financial conditions, investment objectives or requirements of individual customers. Before acting on this material, you should consider whether it is suitable for your particular circumstances and, as necessary, seek professional advice.
Supporting documentation for any claims and statistical information will be provided upon request.
Any stock, options or futures symbols displayed are for illustrative purposes only and are not intended to portray recommendations.